Only one exposure is required to create 3D data set containing all required parameters to evaluate image quality. Automated image quality evaluation is performed through the unique QUART CTtec QA/QC software.
The DVTkp phantom can be applied for field sizes from 4x4cm to large fields-of-view (FOV). Customised holders for a variety of CBCT systems are available.
- SPATIAL RESOLUTION: Line spread function
- STANDARD TEST OBJECTS: PMMA / Air / PVC
- MATERIAL EQUIVALENTS: Free Air / Soft tissue / Bone
- POSTIONING TOOLS: Linear (top side) / Selective markers
- SIZE: Ø 16 cm, height: 15 cm
- Nyquist Frequency (NF)
- Contrast-to-Noise Ratio (CNR)
- Homogeneity / Image Uniformity
- Spatial Resolution / Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) at 10% & 50% modulation
- Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) as per IEC 62220-1-2
- CT Numbers / Hounsfield Units
- Z-Axis Resolution / NF and MTF in Axial Direction
- Artefacts, Image Flaws, etc.
- System Indicator / Acceptance Indicator (Figure of Merit)
- Patient / Phantom Positioning Accuracy
- Additional QA/QC related tests such as geometry and distance measurements etc. to be conducted in an external DICOM viewer
EFOMP working group, Quality control in cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) EFOMP-ESTRO-IAEA protocol (summary report), Physica Medica, Volume 39, July 2017, Pages 67-72.