Only one exposure is required to collect all necessary parameters to determine the imaging quality of the x-ray system.
After the exposure, the image can be visually checked or automatically evaluated through the unique QUART MammoPro software module.
The QUART mam/digi phantom incorporates Landolt ring objects. Similar to the gold structures of the CDMAM phantom, the Landolt C‘s are used to verify low-contrast and perceptibility limits. However, the Landolt rings are developed to compare better to the morphology of microcalcifications than any other available structure in current mammography QA/QC phantoms.*
All test objects are arranged and positioned near the thorax wall side of the mammography unit. This is intentional to avoid heel effect influence on the consistency of test results.
- STEP WEDGE: 12 physical steps 5 – 40 mm PMMA
- Additional 3 Aluminium step-wedge (step 10-12)
- Micro-calcification strip creates a step wedge with a total of 24 steps
- CONTRAST DETAILS: 72 Landolt Cs, Group of 6 on each step
- LOW-CONTRAST: Row of low-contrast numbers on step 1 - 12
- NYQUIST FREQUENCY / MTF: Line spread function test object
- FIELD ALIGNMENT: 2 rows of radiopaque spheres to check field alignment at thorax side
- DETECTOR SLOT: Dosemeter slot for reproducible dose measurements
- INSERT AREA: For additional test inserts (e.g. ghosting / artefacts)
- SIZE: 240 x 180 x 46 mm (L x W x H)