Despite its technical complexity, the software is easy to use. It provides a walkthrough function which assists users in carrying out the QC procedure.
QUART CTtec stores the result of each single test in its internal data bank. In addition, a protocol print-out function is provided for matters of documentation (obligatory hardcopy) or general reference.
It is available as single or multi-user on-premise license.
The software evaluates the following parameters:
- Nyquist Frequency (NF)
- Contrast-to-Noise Ratio (CNR)
- Homogeneity / Image Uniformity
- Spatial Resolution / Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) at 10% & 50% modulation
- Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) as per IEC 62220-1-2
- CT Numbers / Hounsfield Units
- Z-Axis Resolution / NF and MTF in Axial Direction
- Artefacts, Image Flaws, etc.
- System Indicator / Acceptance Indicator (Figure of Merit)
- Patient / Phantom Positioning Accuracy
- Additional QA/QC related tests such as geometry and distance measurements etc. to be conducted in an external DICOM viewer
* EFOMP working group, Quality control in cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) EFOMP-ESTRO-IAEA protocol (summary report), Physica Medica, Volume 39, July 2017, Pages 67-72.