The detector of the QUART didoSVM is compact and light-weight, thus making handling the meter a breeze. As its technical concept is based on solid state technology, the meter provides all the advantages connected with this approach: fast response time to radiation, reproducible measurement results and accurate detection of signals against background noise. Radiation is detected from leakage, scatter beams and pinholes.
Although base unit and detector are separated, both may be combined magnetically to carry and use the meter with one hand.
The detector can be mounted on a tripod or a telescopic extension to allow measurements in heights up to approx. 3.5 meters above the ground.
The didoSVM is equipped with a backlit display to assure swift readings even in darkened environments. To provide the ability to track dose rate characteristics, the dose rate is refreshed continuously on the meter display while the measurement is running.
- Warm-Up Time: None required
- Power Supply: Rechargeable battery
- Battery Time: Approx. 80 working hrs.
- Recharging Time: 3 – 4 hrs.
- Recharging Link: Micro-B USB (to power socket or USB A 2.0 PC)
- Display: LCD with backlight; colour: white
- Base Size: 17 x 7 x 4.5cm (LxWxH)
- Base weight: 250 g
- Detector size: 10 x 3 x 4 cm (LxWxH)
- Detector weight: 220 g
- Air Kerma
- Air Kerma Rate
- Ambient Dose equivalent
- Ambient Dose Rate equivalent
- Directional Dose equivalent
- Directional Dose Rate equivalent
- Application Area: Scatter from single and mixed types of radiation fields (X-rays, gamma and beta radiation)
- Operating Range: 20 keV – 2.0 MeV (Auto-Ranging)
- Applies to scatter and indirect radiation from X-ray, gamma and beta radiation sources
- Angular Response Range: Recommended for -70° to +70° relative to the reference axis (detector)
- DOSE: 3 nSv – 10 Sv
- DOSE RATE: 0.1 µSv/h – 10 Sv/h
- TIME: 0.5 s – 15 min.
- Uncertainty: +/- 10% (N-25 – N 300 PTB/ISO)
- +/- 15% (Cs-137, Co-60 PTB/ISO)
- Response Time: < 1.0 s (for the full dynamic range)
- Measuring time of approx. 10 sec. may be required for very low dose reates, i.e. in mammography
- Special Feature: Detector mountable on tripod or extender/telescopic rod (Optional accessory)
- Base and detector connectable (magnetically)
1. Schulze, Ralf; Cremers, Catrin; Karle, Heiko; de las Heras Gala, Hugo; Skin entrance dose with and without lead apron in digital panoramic radiography for selected sensitive body regions, Clinical Oral Investigations May 2017, Volume 21, Issue 4, pp. 1327–1333.
2. Schulze, Ralf; Sazgar, Mahssa; Karle, Heiko; de las Heras Gala, Hugo, Influence of a Commercial Lead Apron on Patient Skin Dose Delivered During Oral and Maxillofacial Examinations under Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT), Health Physics, August 2017 - Volume 113 - Issue 2 - p 129–134.